EMPLOYMENT LAW TRAINING
FARRELL LAW GROUP
Because Mistakes Are Easy to Make … and Costly to Fix!
The potential for liability is everywhere. Fortunately, there is something your company can do to reduce your exposure and encourage a positive and productive work environment. The Farrell Law Group offers cost-effective, custom-designed, comprehensive seminars and workshops for your senior managers, human resource professionals, supervisors, and other personnel on issues you select, including:
RECRUITING, HIRING & ONBOARDING
- Life’s Greatest Mystery: Finding the Right Person for the Right Job … Right Now!
- Strategies for Interviewing & Recruitment: What Can I Ask? What Should I Avoid?
- Background Checks & Social Media: Should You Troll Facebook to Find Your Applicants?
- Management’s Biggest Challenge: Supervising Employees Who Can’t or Won’t Work
- Performance Management: Don’t Let Your Subordinates Manage You!
- The Ostrich: Ignoring the Problem Employee Won’t Make Him/Her Go Away!
- Documentation Essentials: If It Not Written Down… It Didn’t Happen!
- Disability Accommodation: What to Do When an Employee Can’t Do Their Job!
- “I Am a Manager, NOT a Doctor” – Dealing With Medical Notes & Work Restrictions
- Managing Employees Who Seem “Off” – Mental Health Disabilities Are on the Rise!
LEAVES OF ABSENCE
- Managing Leaves of Absence: Why Can’t Jonny Just Show Up Like Everyone Else!
AB 1825 COMPLIANT TRAINING FOR ENTIRE WORKFORCE & MANAGERS
- California employers must train all supervisory employee every two years.
- Supervisors must be trained within six (6) months of hire or promotion.
- All non-managerial employees must receive one-hour of anti-harassment training every two years.
- SB 1343 requires that all employers of 5 or more employees provide one hour of sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention training to non-managerial employees
AVOIDING COSTLY HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION & RETALIATION CLAIMS
- What is Worse? The Underlying Harassment Complaint … or Management’s Response to the Complaint! Avoiding Retaliation Claims.
- Seven Habits of Frequently Sued Managers: “What?? I Can Be Personally Sued for Harassment!”
WAGE & HOUR COMPLIANCE
- Timekeeping: Does it Really Matter if Our Timecards Are Just “Somewhat” Accurate?
- Wage & Hour Nightmares: How Your Payroll Practices May be Creating Huge Liability for You!
- Travel & Training Time & Mileage: How Should Employees Be Paid For This Time
- Off-the-Clock Claims: Ensuring that Employees Get Paid for All Hours They Work
AVOIDING WRONGFUL TERMINATION CLAIMS
- Understanding “At-Will” Employment: “Can’t I Fire Anyone at Anytime For Any Reason”
- Whistleblower 101: Distinguishing the Chronic Whiner From a Protected Whistleblower
- Progressive Discipline: Empowering Subordinates to Succeed While Maintaining Accountability
- Building a Case For Termination: How to Create a Paper Trail that Tells the Whole Story
RISK MANAGEMENT IN THE WORKPLACE
- Going “Postal”: What Are the Telltale Signs of Potential Workplace Violence?
- Workplace Safety: Employees Who Cut Corners & Violate Safety Rules
- The Pesky HR Dept: Why Can’t They Back Off & Just Me Manage My Employees!